cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eval board for imx6s

Jump to solution
dluberger
Contributor V

I'm looking at using the imx6s processor, but the eval board listed on the imx6s page is shown as an imx6q processor eval board. Is there not an eval board specifically for the imx6s? I need to do power and other testing so i need an eval board with the actual processor that I would be using on my custom board. Also, I'd want to follow an existing reference design, and in the past i did that by using the eval board design.  what am i missing?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

i.MX6DualLite differs from Solo only by number of cores and more ddr controller bus width (64 vs 32),

here may help AN4397 Common Hardware Design for i.MX6Dual/6Quad and i.MX6Solo/6DualLite

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN4397.pdf 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David

there is no eval board specifically for the imx6s, available

MCIMX6DL-SDP - SABRE Platform,i.MX 6DualLite/6Solo

SABRE Platform for Smart Devices|NXP 

and one can follow sect.5 Enabling Solo Emulation attached Linux Guide.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
dluberger
Contributor V

But will the power draw, peripheral configs, and other aspects specific to the imx6s be the same as using the DL processor in solo emulation mode? I have to configure hardware current limiting, crowbar setpoints, etc. and would need to modify the board to attach protection elements, and it would do me no good if the processor in solo emulation behaves differently than the real solo processor.

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

i.MX6DualLite differs from Solo only by number of cores and more ddr controller bus width (64 vs 32),

here may help AN4397 Common Hardware Design for i.MX6Dual/6Quad and i.MX6Solo/6DualLite

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN4397.pdf 

0 Kudos