Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to Update MCUXpresso IDE from v10.2.0 to v10.2.1

Jump to solution
Ed_McM
Contributor I

Hi,

I am running some tests on the iMXRT1060 EVK.  I am using the helloworld example from build SDK.  I get the following error:

Flash driver file not found.
internal error - no information given to derive flash driver version from
Flash started with bad or no driver - Ef(44): Flash driver version is unknown.
internal error - no information given to derive flash driver version from
chip initialization failed - Ef(44): Flash driver version is unknown.

Based on some feedback I've found from MCUXresso IDE support support group, it looks like IDE v10.2.0 does not ship with 1060EVK boards external QSPI flash driver.  It looks like v10.2.1 does ship with the driver.

Help --> check for Updates, did not show any available updates.  I would rather not reinstall an entire new version, if there is a way to just update v10.2.0 with 10.2.1.  Or even just download the flash driver.

Thanks for any help,

0 Kudos
1 Solution
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry, but you will need to download and install MCUXpresso IDE v10.2.1 - we don't currently provide an update mechanism. On Windows / Mac you can install the new version in parallel to your existing v10.2.0 installation (on Ubuntu this requires additional steps - see the IDE Installation Guide for more details)

More information on MCUXpresso IDE v10.2.1 at: https://community.nxp.com/community/mcuxpresso/mcuxpresso-ide/blog/2018/07/27/mcuxpresso-ide-v1021-n... 

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Generally - as detailed in section 3, "Migrating from an earlier version of MCUXpresso IDE" of the MCUXpresso IDE v10.2 Installation Guide - we would recommend that whenever you move to a new version of the IDE, you switch to a fresh workspace and import any existing projects across (either via version control, or else by using the Quickstart Panel -> Import project(s) from file system... option)

As you have found, this often isn't essential. But it can help to avoid potential issues - and means that you can potentially switch back to your old world if necessary.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos
Ed_McM
Contributor I

No problem.  I've now downloaded and installed v10.2.1. 

Is there any reason that I can't just open the same workspace that I created and used with v10.2.0? 

Or should I create and open a new workspace for v10.2.1 and import projects into workspace that were created using v10.2.0 ?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Ed_McM
Contributor I

I'm all set.  I just used the previously created workspace with v10.2.1.   Worked fine and solved the original flash driver issue.  thanks.

0 Kudos
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry, but you will need to download and install MCUXpresso IDE v10.2.1 - we don't currently provide an update mechanism. On Windows / Mac you can install the new version in parallel to your existing v10.2.0 installation (on Ubuntu this requires additional steps - see the IDE Installation Guide for more details)

More information on MCUXpresso IDE v10.2.1 at: https://community.nxp.com/community/mcuxpresso/mcuxpresso-ide/blog/2018/07/27/mcuxpresso-ide-v1021-n... 

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos