NXQ1TXH5 Damaged

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXQ1TXH5 Damaged

s-tech
Contributor I

I designed the circuit using NXQ1TXH5, but it is often damaged during testing. What are the reasons and countermeasures?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

It is not clear if the damage occurs when there is a receiver board charging or when there is no charging operation.

And if it occurs when there charging operation, does the error occurs after some time of charging or immediately?  

Is the power transfer limited? If not, I would recommend to use the Static Power Reduction (SPR) and Smart Power Limiting (SPL) to adjust the output power automatically to compensate for power-limited supplies. Check section 2.1.3.1 on page 8 of the application note: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN11775.pdf

Regarding your schematic, where is VCC voltage rail generated? I’m assuming it comes from a 5V signal of a USB connection, but please correct me if I’m wrong.

And if it is true, is the 5V from the USB protected (diode between GND and 5V)?

You can find an example of the USB protection circuit in the following link: https://www.nxp.com/downloads/en/design-support/NXQ1TXH5DB1401_Circuit_Diagram.pdf

Have a great day,
Jose

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

AleK7007
Contributor I

Hello I have the same Issue.. I already have 5 damaged boards.. the damage occurs  when there is no charging operation. It happened that it was working and after removing the receiver and putting him again it was not working anymore.. at the beggining it tought I has to be an ESD problem but I tried as good as i could to isolate the board but still they got damaged.. same with the demobard I bought.. Is it possible that beacuse I'm using a coil which don't has the Qi standard?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

AleK7007
Contributor I

I'm using this chip for a low power system, around 0,1W, I noticed that with more then 2mm it got very hot, but it should just send an error and switch off when the temperature is to high.. I know that the efficiency is very bad for the power range i'm using.. could that be possibly the origin of the problem? I don't thin so because when it's working it's working good.. but often it got damaged when I was moving it..

0 Kudos