Please help: No connection to emulator device

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help: No connection to emulator device

nicoquinterosc
Contributor I

Hi, I've this problem trying to debug with LPCXpresso 1769 with CMSIS-DAP rev D1:

LPCXpresso RedlinkMulti Driver v8.2 (Sep 5 2016 10:12:38 - crt_emu_cm_redlink build 725)
Failed on connect: Ee(36). Could not connect to core.
No connection to emulator device

LED2 (red) and LED8 (green) are on when I connect LPC to the computer. I've tried to hold reset button and P2.10 but nothing happens.

Any idea??

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Nicolas Quinteros,

I am also using the OM13085 board LPCXpresso 1769 with CMSIS-DAP rev D1.

Now, please check the CMSIS DAP debugger at first.

18.jpg

Then you can open the official lpcopen project for lpc1769:

https://www.nxp.com/downloads/en/software/lpcopen_2_10_lpcxpresso_nxp_lpcxpresso_1769.zip 

Then you can press the debug button in the LPCxpress IDE:

pastedImage_3.png

You can find I already comment the __(WFI);, this code will make the code enter the low power mode, then if you debug the code it will have the problem.

At this situation, please follow me, comment the WFI code, build the code.

In the board side, press both SW1, SW2, release SW2 at first, then release the SW1.

Now, try to debug the project again.

If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

nicoquinterosc
Contributor I

Thanks for answering Kerry! But I still have the same problem.

I followed the steps, but nothing new happen.

I get this error message after Build, press the buttons and Debug the proyect, with the (__WFI) line commented:

pastedImage_2.png

When I press both SW1, SW2, release SW2 at first, and then release SW1, nothing really happened. LEDs on board are still ON.

If something comes to your mind, please let me know!

Thanks

Nicolas

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Nicolas,

Please also give me your device and printers screen shoot, just like the picture which I give you in the above reply.

Do you have the CMSIS DAP debugger?

If you have the CMSIS DAP, please delete these two files, then try it again:

pastedImage_1.png

Please also check the hardware:

pastedImage_2.png

JP1_2, do you have 3.3V?

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos