Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

elftosb command file

Jump to solution
rans
Senior Contributor I

Hello,

I try to understand elftosb command file.

Is there a documentation which defines how to sef the values in the command file ? I did not find these in the elftosb user guide.

For example: how to set startAddress , initialLoadSize , entryPointArdress?

options {
flags = 0x00;
startAddress = 0x8000;
ivtOffset = 0x400;
initialLoadSize = 0x2000;
entryPointArdress=0x0000A000;
}

Another question related to mfgtool/elftosb:

Is it that elftosb adds IVT header (not only FCB) ?

Thank you,

ranran

1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi ranran

for bd file documentation one can refer to attached MCU Manufacturing User's Guide.
IVT structure is fixed and predefined. The needed information needs to be provided in
the .bd file while running elftosb command. If related information isn't provided, the tool
will use default value for it.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jay_heng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can also try this tool, with this tool, You can flash bare image into various boot devices easily and don't need to care about headers (ivt, boot data...)

GitHub - JayHeng/nxp-sec-boot-ui: A one-stop GUI tool to work with NXP MCU (Kinetis, i.MXRT, LPC) RO... 

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi ranran

for bd file documentation one can refer to attached MCU Manufacturing User's Guide.
IVT structure is fixed and predefined. The needed information needs to be provided in
the .bd file while running elftosb command. If related information isn't provided, the tool
will use default value for it.

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!