ADC module results for MCF52259

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADC module results for MCF52259

eugenia_suarez
Contributor II

I'm testing and analyzing an old project that was built within codewarrior for 7.2 arch and uTasker1.3. So I'm using uTasker ADC libraries. Viewing the adc results and de micro datasheets I have some unclear adc behaviour. I write hoping someone here could bring me some light if I missunderstanding something. The code has a single ended adc bit configured (ADC_0), loop mode and seq mode. Maybe is an uTasker issue. But I would like to have somethings about the MCU's adc cleared.

• Reading the datasheet I see that VRefH max could be typically 3.3v. If adc resolution is 12b, I will have 4092 points. This means the maxim value that I can read in result registers is 4092, being equivalent to maximum voltatge input = 3.3V. Isn't it?
  • Is there any way to get more than 4092 value? I'm reading 21045, for example, so far from 4092!. 
  • Another question I have regarding the ADC block is if it is possible to have much more than 3.3 V to be converted? 5v, 10v, ... ,12v? Since I have understood, Vi converted rank depends on adc VREF max (3.3). But maybe I'm wrong. Could someone validate this?

Thanks in advance. 

Labels (1)
2 Replies

eugenia_suarez
Contributor II

Hello,

I have just found this information in datasheet for the single ended mode. I think Note 2 and thie following formula would bring some sense to the values I was reading:

pastedImage_1.png

So, 111111111111000 is the max ADC value, and 0 when Vin = VREFL (with 4096 possible states between both).

0 Kudos

miduo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

You did not mentioned any hardware board you used. The NXP evaluation board or customer board. I am not familiar with the uTasker, however I will try to clarify the ADC itself.

First please make sure that

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

So you should strictly follow the above ADC spec to get an accurate/full range of ADC value, the full scale should be 4095. So back to your questions:

1. yes, 3.3v with a full scale of 4095.

2. No.

3. VREFL<VADIN<VREFH