Debugger firmware update LPC11U35 (OM40002)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugger firmware update LPC11U35 (OM40002)

harrysd
Contributor I

I have updated the debug firmware for the OM4002 LPC8N04 board in accordance with the board user manual (UM11082) section 3.4 in an attempt to get the debugger working again.

Unfortunately after doing this, whenever the board is plugged into my machine it comes up as a drive and is no longer visible in MCUXpresso as a debugger (no tool found). There is no link on P2 (which would trigger this to happen if fitted).

I am working on a Mac (macOS 10.13.6 (17G65)) with MCUXpresso 10.2.1

What are the steps to return this to be recognised as a debugger?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

harrysd
Contributor I

As stated in the original post there is no link on P2. One of your colleagues emailed me a new firmware file and I repeated the process and the debugger was recognised. Returning to the file downloaded from the NXP website returned to the problem.

I've since abandoned the NXP debugger and using J-Link instead simply to gain some reliability in the tool chain.

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Harry,

It is good to hear the debug problem was solved, I will take a look on the different firmware versions.

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos

ed_pataky
Contributor I

this was two years ago I have the same problem today was there ever a solution?

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Harry,

What is the name of the drive that shows up? Is it called CRP_DISABLED? Please make sure to remove the P2 jumper after updating the debug firmware, otherwise the LPC11U35 debug probe will remain in Device Firmware Update (DFU) mode.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos