How does FXTH87 use BDM to debug in STOP mode?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does FXTH87 use BDM to debug in STOP mode?

lison0103
Contributor I

Hello, I am using the FXTH87 chip for debugging. When STOP is entered into STOP1 mode, BDM is disconnected from FXTH87.

I see the  FXTH871X6 datasheet:

3.5.3 Active BDM Enabled in STOP Mode
Entry into the ACTIVE BACKGROUND DEBUG mode from RUN mode is enabled if the ENBDM bit in BDCSCR is set. The BDCSCR register is not memory mapped so it can only be accessed through the BDM interface by use of the BDM commands READ_STATUS and WRITE_CONTROL.

My question is how to use the commands READ_STATUS and WRITE_CONTROL to enable ENBDM?

I am using codewarrior10.7.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lisettelozano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Lison, 

I have received confirmation from our AE. The ENBDM is enabled by default when using the latest version of CodeWarrior. 

I hope this information can be helpful. 

Have a great day, 

Paulina

0 Kudos

lisettelozano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Lison,

To enable the active background debug, this is done by default when using the target FXTH870000 (default TPMS target) in the latest CodeWarrior version.

The latest CW version (CW11) can be installed from here for free using the special edition (CW for MCUs Eclipse IDE, special edition).

If the debug session is nonetheless disconnected when using CW11 and the target FXTH870000, it may be due to a bad hardware connection (USB cable going from the computer to the multilink, or ribbon cable from the multilink to the FXTH), or to a reset due to an instruction problem in the code (for example jump to a wrong address).

I’m pending to provide more information about the use of READ_STATUS and WRITE_CONTROL once I have it from internal support.

I apologize for the delayed response.

Have a great day,

Paulina

0 Kudos

lison0103
Contributor I

I see the  FXTH871X6 datasheet, Chapter 15 develoment support:

pastedImage_1.png

How to use it?

0 Kudos