cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to enable PAMU with sdk versions of fman and dpaa

ollivinho
Contributor I

Dear,

Is it possible to enable PAMU with the SDK versions of FMAN and DPAA drivers? I am based on Linux 4.9.124 commit e8b01fb24fb8eb1adee9667eba2cae702b5892e9.

SRC_URI = "git://source.codeaurora.org/external/qoriq/qoriq-components/linux;nobranch=1 \
"
SRCREV = "e8b01fb24fb8eb1adee9667eba2cae702b5892e9"

I am running on a custom board based on T2081. With the mainline versions of fman and dpaa I get RX/TX dropped packets on fm1-mac1 interface. Switching to sdk_fman and sdk_dpaa solves the network issue but I have to disable PAMU (and USDPAA) for it to compile.

Now I need to allocate large DMA buffers using scatter gather and I figure PAMU will help performance here.

I did also look into CMA and DMA_CMA as an alternative to scatter gather but it is not supported in powerpc arch.

Best regards,

Oliver

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

ollivinho
Contributor I

I have switched to Yocto sumo branch and kernel 4.14 and IOMMU still cannot be enable with the SDK versions of FMAN and DPAA.

SRCREV = "f2f35bbfc16b384f447a30dd0b240637331fd132"

Please advice.

yipingwang

0 Kudos

ollivinho
Contributor I

Dear,

Below is the error when I enable FSL_PAMU with FSL_SDK_ versions of FMAN and DPAA:

| kernel-source/drivers/staging/fsl_qbman/qman_driver.c: In function 'portal_set_cpu':
| kernel-source/drivers/staging/fsl_qbman/qman_driver.c:536:12: error: 'struct pamu_stash_attribute' has no member named 'window'
| stash_attr.window = 0;
| ^
| kernel-source/drivers/staging/fsl_qbman/qman_driver.c: In function 'qman_portal_update_sdest':
| kernel-source/drivers/staging/fsl_qbman/qman_driver.c:681:13: error: 'struct pamu_stash_attribute' has no member named 'window'
| stash_attr.window = 0;
| ^

You can find the defconfig attached.

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello ollivinho,

We have the latest Linux Yocto SDK qoriq-components/yocto-sdk - Repo manifest for QorIQ Yocto SDK released to customers, which contains Linux Kernel 4.9 and supports T2080RDB.

Please use the following Kernel git tree address

SRC_URI = "git://source.codeaurora.org/external/qoriq/qoriq-components/linux;nobranch=1 \
"
SRCREV = "58c55688e1beaad66bd5c2565dc699cc9862e25a"

Please configure DPAA driver as the following.

Note:Kernel configuration options to enable upstream version of DPAA driver for PowerPC targets:     CONFIG_FSL_DPAA,  CONFIG_FSL_FMAN and CONFIG_FSL_DPAA_ETH need to be enabled in kernel menuconfig as below:

Device Drivers  --->       

SOC (System On Chip) specific Drivers  --->          

[*] Freescale DPAA 1.x support  --->

Device Drivers  --->       

[*] Network device support  --->       

[*]   Ethernet driver support  --->             

<*>     FMan support             

<*>       DPAA Ethernet  ----

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ollivinho
Contributor I

Dear,

I cannot use CONFIG_FSL_DPAA and CONFIG_FSL_FMAN due to network issues. Board boots ok but RX error counter start ticking immediately and connection is unstable.

With the SDK versions of FMAN and DPAA network is ok but CONFIG_FSL_PAMU does not compile.

My question is if it is possible to set CONFIG_FSL_PAMU with CONFIG_FSL_SDK_FMAN, CONFIG_FSL_SDK_DPAA and CONFIG_FSL_SDK_DPAA_ETH set?

I am on kernel 4.9.124:

"
SRCREV = "e8b01fb24fb8eb1adee9667eba2cae702b5892e9"

Best regards,

Oliver Talevski

0 Kudos