cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

include files in new project

harrysd
Contributor I

Using MCUXpresso IDE v10.2.1 on a mac, with LPC8N04-MCUXpresso-BSP

I'm attempting to create a new project within the workspace of the board support package LPC8N04-MCUXpresso-BSP and simply wish to know the procedure to include the library files from the lib_board_dp and lib_chip_8Nxx projects within the new project.

There is no SDK with this BSP, so I'm unable to use the wizard as described in the user manual and my attempts the simply "edit project settings" for the new project to include paths for the existing projects

"${workspace_loc:/lib_board_dp/inc}"

"${workspace_loc:/lib_chip_8Nxx/inc}"

"${workspace_loc:/lib_board_dp/mods}"

"${workspace_loc:/lib_chip_8Nxx/mods}"

have resulted in build errors.

Is there any documentation on the process to create a new project and link the libraries from the board and chip projects?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

harrysd
Contributor I

I've read the document now, and sadly it must be out of date, or incorrect for the MCUXpresso environment. There is no liblinks.xml file within the LPC8N04 using MCUXpresso, or it was omitted from the code bundle for the OM40002.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Harry,

Did you create the lib project with selecting "C Static Library Project"?

I just create a new lib project from my side, I can see liblinks.xml under the project folder. see attached video.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

harrysd
Contributor I

Hi,

There was no video attached.

A colleague of yours forwarded a link to an explanation of how to include static library projects.

Regards,

Harry Bach

Engineering Director

Sensor Driven Ltd

M: 07866 768148

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

From my side I can see this file included:

pastedImage_2.png

I compressed it in zip file this time, Please let me know if you can download it this time. If still can't, I can send it to your email.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Harry,

I suggest you refer this article

https://community.nxp.com/message/630594 

It introduces how to use smart update and manually creating links to library projects.

Have a great day,
TIC

0 Kudos