cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vpu_fw_imx6d.bin

chuck_ferguson
Contributor I

When I build Android I get an error stating:

"ninja: error: 'vendor/nxp/linux_firmware-imx/firmware/vpu/vpu_fw_imx6d.bin', needed by out/target/product/sabresd_6dq/vendor/lib/firmware/vpu/vpu_fw_imx6d.bin', missing and no known rule to make it."

I am attempting to build Android from source for imx6q on a saber sd board. I have not made any mods to the android or the board. Everything is stock. I am using Ubuntu.

I have searched for solutions. On the yocto project the vpu firmware is proprietary and is downloaded after agreeing to license. I tried to download yocto but 'repo sync' fails due to timeout. I never get the point where I can build it to get to the license prompt.

I really don't need the vpu for my project. I am investigating how to remove it from the Android build. I am a novice at building Android.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, 

Removing the VPU from the Android building will not work since Android needs the VPU to display the image in the screen.

Nevertheless, did you installed all the libraries that Android requires? Not only the specified in our user guide but also the ones that are specified in the Android web page.

Establishing a Build Environment  |  Android Open Source Project 

The required libraries depend on the Ubuntu version that you are using.

Hope this can solve your problem.

Best Regards,

Diego. 

0 Kudos