cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NHS3100 - which is the block where you get the temperature

keyluca
Contributor I

Hi there everybody,

I am new to the community and I am working on the NHS3100. I achieved to read out with an MFRC522 all the RF blocks (it shows me data in block 0x00 to 0x232) and I can distinguish the ID (stored in 0x00 and 0x01). But how do I know where the temperature is?

I have read the datasheet intensively but I can just find that the temperature is in the block 0x4006 0000. But that is not the RF-address.

So my question, in which RF-Block can I find the temperature? (or am I on the totally wrong path?)

Thank you very much for helping out a newbie

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Lu,

NHS3100 is not a pure NFC tag, and you may understand it as below:

pastedImage_1.png

So you have to send commands to MCU via NFC interface, and MCU may read the Temp sensor or read the saved data in the flash and then response to the remote reader(usually an Android phone or something like that) ,  so in short, both the reader and NHS3100 side should have built-in software for that purpose, and We provide reference on that topic:

Androind App: NHS3100 Temperature Logger APP - Apps on Google Play 

NHS3100 firmware: https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=RELEASE-MRA2-NHS3100-11_2&appType=license&Parent_nodeId=... 

Please refer to NHS3100 Starter Kit for Temperature Monitoring|NXP  for more details.

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------