How can i get support for imx6ull of kernel 4.4.x?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i get support for imx6ull of kernel 4.4.x?

Jump to solution
cyndent
Contributor I

I'm trying to make ubuntu core  working on imx6ull board. But the kernel version of ubutun core is 4.4.x , 3.18 and 3.14. The kernel version that support 6ull are 4.15 and 4.9 in imx.git. I have tried for a week but still it's too differencult for me to make it work. The files are different that  need to change too many.

I want to ask if someone can make 4.4.x kernel support 6ull so that I can modify it to core kernel or make ubuntu core 4.4.x kernel support 6ull.....

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Mingyang Liu,

The kernels supported by NXP are those of the BSP Releases and unfortunately there is no 4.4 kernel option on the BSP releases.

There are also some other kernels available on the FSL Community BSP (link below) which is maintained by the community and supports also some third party boards. However, there is no 4.4 kernel for a i.MX6ULL board either.

http://freescale.github.io/

There is a BSP with kernel 3.14.52 and it supports the i.MX6UL, so perhaps you could make the adjustments for i.MX6ULL. It may be simpler than porting the 4.4 kernel for the i.MX6ULL.

My apologies for the inconvenience. I hope this helps!

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Mingyang Liu,

The kernels supported by NXP are those of the BSP Releases and unfortunately there is no 4.4 kernel option on the BSP releases.

There are also some other kernels available on the FSL Community BSP (link below) which is maintained by the community and supports also some third party boards. However, there is no 4.4 kernel for a i.MX6ULL board either.

http://freescale.github.io/

There is a BSP with kernel 3.14.52 and it supports the i.MX6UL, so perhaps you could make the adjustments for i.MX6ULL. It may be simpler than porting the 4.4 kernel for the i.MX6ULL.

My apologies for the inconvenience. I hope this helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos
cyndent
Contributor I

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll try to adjust kernel 3.14 for 6ull. Then porting it for ubuntu core.

0 Kudos