cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

serial boot flash for mcf52277

tao
Contributor I
hi guys,

i'm trying to make a bootloader software that runs from a serial flash memory connected through SPI to the mcf52277. the processor seems to load the code (i assume that since i see it generate the SPI signals after POR), but the code doesn't seems to work. does anybody have a simple serial boot flash code i can use, or at least some guidelines?? i will very much appreciate.

thanks a lot.

Message Edited by tao on 2008-12-10 06:21 AM
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

PaulH
Contributor I

Did you find an example project?

0 Kudos

PaulH
Contributor I

The SBF module has an errata, SECF122, that prevents the seial boot facility on the 52274/52277 from functioning properly. After doing a serial boot, the movec instruction does not work. This means that you can not set VBR. VBR default is 0. Internal RAM can can't be located at 0x0. Therefore unless you have an external SRAM  located at 0x0, you will not have a place to put an exception table. (ie interrupts/exceptions will not work)

VBR is not the only register that is effected.

This errata is as of Rev1.3 of the part. As of  May 13.2010, Freescale does not intend to correct this problem.

0 Kudos

dinakarM
Contributor I

I need the same thing.....I posted one more message afresh in the forum, lets see if some one replies me. If you succeeded in SBF for MCF52277 please do share us the guidelines...

Thanks

Dinakar

0 Kudos

PaulH
Contributor I

I need the same thing. Wouldn't it be nice if Freescale provided an example SPI boot project with the eval boards that actually have a SPI flash?

0 Kudos