mpc5606b dflash erasing delay time is too long

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mpc5606b dflash erasing delay time is too long

Contributor III

We use the mpc5606b, sometimes we need to erase the dflash during the running of the program, but there will be a long waiting time when erasing, causing the program to not work properly. So is there any way to avoid long waits, will wait for the query to check whether the erase is complete?
I read that the manual mentioned above that erasing is automatic operation inside the chip. Does this mean that erasing does not occupy the process?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, apparently running application accesses dflash. In this case core must wait until erase operation is done. As dflash is only one block and so no read-while-write exists, any access during erase/program operation leads in execution stall.

0 Kudos

Contributor III

If the program needs to access the dflash, it really involves read-while-write. But we are erasing dflash, the code is stored in cflash. When erasing dflash, we can not access the dflash. I don't know if this can make the code continue to run while erasing the dflash.

The problem we are having now is that we have done a flash emulate EEPROM function with reference to the NXP documentation.When used, it needs to write data to the dflash frequently and erase it when the data is full. The problem now is that there is a 200ms delay when erasing dflash. However, the vehicle may be running at this time and there is no long pause. So is there a way to make the code work properly when erasing dflash?

0 Kudos

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

As this device's dflash has only one bank, the needs of erase just cause a delay until erase is done and only then dflash may be read/programmed again. I guess it can only be solved by using of device offering read-while-write.

0 Kudos