cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 MDIO turn around

Jump to solution
andrewdyer
Contributor III

I am working on a design hooking up an i.MX6Q to an ethernet chip that has an errata on it's MDIO interface where the chip does not drive the MDIO line low correctly during a turn around cycle.  Does the i.MX6 check the state of the bus during a turn around cycle or just report back the data?

This question is similar to one asked in the Qoriq forum "QorIQ EMI_MDIO controller ACK bit checking"

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andrew

i.MX6Q does not check the state of the bus during a turn around cycle
and have not bit similar to MDIO_CFG[MDIO_RD_ER] as some
mentioned QorIQ processors.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andrew

i.MX6Q does not check the state of the bus during a turn around cycle
and have not bit similar to MDIO_CFG[MDIO_RD_ER] as some
mentioned QorIQ processors.

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos