cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5777C and FCCU NCF

mauriziogreco
Contributor III

Hi All,

I'm searching a detailed description related some NCF that I don't understand how  can be "trigger" for test (without using the Fake FCCU register).

I have problem with NCF_19, NCF_20, NCF_21, NCF_22 (in manual are described as related to LBIST result, but also producing a configuration for OFF LINE test  not able to pass all LBIST test, we found only error into STCU2 register, but no reaction on FCCU). Who is able really to trigger them?

Same problem I have also with NCF_34, NCF_35, NCF_36.

By the way, also keeping NCF_6, NCF_7, NCF_8 (related to STCU) active, and with a LBIST failed at start up (OFF LINE TEST described into UTEST FLASH OTP) I found error into STCU2 register, but no reaction I found by FCCU ?

It's not really important  the test Execution! It's important understand which kind of failure of Hw can be detected and reported. Test is only a way to check and understand what can be keept under control enabling that NCF! I'm sorry but for me what is reported on the MPC5777C manual is not very usefull.

If I really want check only if my software is well configurated I can use the Fake register of FCCU to inject fault!

Thanks into advance for answer.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I'm searching a detailed description related some NCF that I don't understand how  can be "trigger" for test (without using the Fake FCCU register).

Well, in documentation you won't find such information.

I have problem with NCF_19, NCF_20, NCF_21, NCF_22 (in manual are described as related to LBIST result, but also producing a configuration for OFF LINE test  not able to pass all LBIST test, we found only error into STCU2 register, but no reaction on FCCU). Who is able really to trigger them?

PER_CE (NCF19) - Indication of correctable errors in eTPU, M_CAN, and FlexCAN RAM Controllers.

PER_UCE (NCF20) - Indication of uncorrectable errors in eTPU, M_CAN, andFlexCAN RAM Controllers. 

Those 2 faults seems to me clear. If you have ECC single or multibit error in peripheral RAM you will get those faults.

You have to configure FCCU to get any reaction. Otherwise you will get only FCCU status flag set.

Same problem I have also with NCF_34, NCF_35, NCF_36.

Again I see description in FCCU fault input table:

NCF_34 : Indication of an addressing error in system RAM or a write error in the RAM Controller resulting in corrupted RAM access. So it is addressing error mismatch. I do not see a way how to create this error for purpose other then playing with power supply levels or EMC.

NCF_35: An ECC error occurred while SSCM or PASS was fetching data from flash memory. This is related to DCF records loading into corresponding registers.

I do not see a way how to create this error for purpose other then playing with power supply levels or EMC as this action is done interdependently by HW.

NCF_36 : fault RMW actions resulted in incorrect writes in RAM. I do not see a way how to create this error for purpose other then playing with power supply. There is no mechanism to inject this fault.

Peter

0 Kudos

ValentinP
Contributor I

Hello, 
I'm also facing the issue of being unable to trigger FLS_CE FCCU error (NCF_21) on MPC577C by doing a flash memory overwrite.
I have written to both cached and non cached flash memory.
I have observed that C55FMCs register MCR.SBC detects a single bit correction but FCCU doesn't report it.
If I also initialize the ERM module then NCF_45 is reported.

Is it even possible to trigger NCF_21 manually?

0 Kudos