S32 design studio wont recognize S32k144

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32 design studio wont recognize S32k144

vishal_bhushan
Contributor I

I am trying to flash and debug a example program onto S32k144 EVB. The board shows up in the device manager under ports, but will not show up when I go to debug configurations in S32 design studio. Any ideas on why this might be the case?

pastedImage_1.png

device manager:

pastedImage_2.png

Thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies

razva_tilimpea
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I think you should change the position of the jumper J107. It is the power source selection for MCU: USB or 12V.

Razvan

0 Kudos

vishal_bhushan
Contributor I

I assume you are talking about the J107, which controls how the MCU is powered. I tried changing the jumper as well as, plugging in both the 12v and USB. This didn't work. Also I tried different configurations of J104 and J107, none of them seem to work. 

0 Kudos

razva_tilimpea
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

Yes, I'm talking about J107. When you power up the board that LED is on? If it is on the MCU should be power on.pastedImage_1.png

Another cause can be

-openSDA: take a look at these liks: PEmicro | Experts in Embedded tools for Flash Programming and Development , and https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/quick-reference-guide/S32K144EVB-QSG.pdf .

-MCU is broken. I think you can check this with other debugger like Jlink or Multilink which is connected on J14 (SWD connector).

-check if your USB device in Device manager. 

Razvan

0 Kudos

vishal_bhushan
Contributor I

Hello Razvan,

Thank you for your patience and help. To answer your questions, yes the middle LED is on and the board seems to be running the default program that it comes with. The device manager does show the USB device under port, you can check the second image in the original question.

I am starting to think that the MCU might just be bad because I have another S32k144 board and that board seems to work just fine under the same configurations. 

Vishal

0 Kudos