cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso SDK and Keil MDK

alistair
Contributor II

Hi guys,

I've just picked up the eval board for the i.MX RT1052 and see that I have two options with Keil MDK:

1. Start and manage a project using the CMSIS packs installed from within Keil that equate to MCUXpresso SDK v2.3.0.
  2. Go to mcuxpresso.nxp.com and generate an MCUXpresso SDK v2.4.2 package targeted at Keil MDK.

My questions are:

1. The CMSIS packs are lagging behind the generated SDK by about 5 months, are these being actively maintained?
  2. What are the advantages of using one approach over another? Instinctively I like the idea of managing everything in CMSIS packs but am also troubled by the version lag.
  3. What is the recommended approach to setting-up a project in Keil if I chose to use the generated SDK? (how do I import the files, what do I have to add to my project etc).

Any advise/help very much appreciated!

Many thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Alistair Lowe,

I recommend you use the latest MCUXpresso SDK v2.4.2,  download from nxp website ,

then open and run demo on Keil MDK refer to the DOC:

"Getting Started with MCUXpresso SDK for i.MX RT1050 Derivatives" under the path:EVKB-IMXRT1050 _2.4.2\docs

Hope it helps,

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

alistair
Contributor II

Hi Alice,

I have tried to use the SDK directly but I can't understand how to combine it with my Keil Middleware features. For example I want to use Keil's SD/Filesystem, USB and Graphics libraries - if I use the SDK pack inside Keil I just tick a few boxes to include the required components. I know the standalone SDK offers alternatives but we prefer the reliability and ease of configuration of the CMSIS Middleware offering.

Could you please advise on how to make the standalone SDK work with the Keil Middleware? If this isn't possible then I very much hope NXP will continue to update the Keil MDK CMSIS Pack as well because it saves us a lot of time in setup.

Many thanks

0 Kudos