I've just picked up the eval board for the i.MX RT1052 and see that I have two options with Keil MDK:
- Start and manage a project using the CMSIS packs installed from within Keil that equate to MCUXpresso SDK v2.3.0.
- Go to mcuxpresso.nxp.com and generate an MCUXpresso SDK v2.4.2 package targeted at Keil MDK.
My questions are:
- The CMSIS packs are lagging behind the generated SDK by about 5 months, are these being actively maintained?
- What are the advantages of using one approach over another? Instinctively I like the idea of managing everything in CMSIS packs but am also troubled by the version lag.
- What is the recommended approach to setting-up a project in Keil if I chose to use the generated SDK? (how do I import the files, what do I have to add to my project etc).
Any advise/help very much appreciated!