cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MU Communication in i.MX8QXP

ajmalali
Contributor III

Hi,

I am using IMX8QXP board with FREERTOS (SDK 2.3) running in M4 and Linux in A35, and i want to setup multicore communication between M4 and A35 cores. I did this successfully using RPMsg. But now i want to use a more generic protocol instead of RPMsg, since we may need to load a different OS instead of Linux in the A35 side. (for which rpmsg driver may not be available)

I think the alternative option is to use Messaging Unit(MU). But i couldn't find any sample driver code for MU (for FREERTOS or Linux) in the 2.3 sdk. Is there any sample codes available, that i can use to setup communication between A35 and M4 using MU. Please help.

Please revert back if you need any more details.

Regards,

Ajmal

0 Kudos
2 Replies

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Unfortunately the i.MX8QXP it is under preproduction, and at this moment we are not able to provide support until the launch of the device, please contact your NXP sales Representative in order to get support for this part at the moment.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ajmalali
Contributor III

Hi,

Thank You for the update.

I have made a sample application for MU in FreeRTOS. For me to validate this i need a sample application in Linux.

Can someone please help. 

If someone can share the MU application for a different (iMX7/8) board, i may be able to use it as a reference and make my own. Please help.

Regards,

Ajmal

0 Kudos