display picture on screen is too slow

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

display picture on screen is too slow

azmatliu
Contributor III

my bsp version is L4.1.15-2.1.0-Ga and disto configuration is fsl-imx-fb.

I am trying to display a picture to my LCD panel and find that when I memcpy picture pixel data to framebuffer0  it take nearly 4s to display it on screen  while it will take less than 1.5s on framebuffer1.Then I look up some guides and find out that framebuffer0 is background plane but framebuffer1 is foreground plane,framebuffer use IDMAC's channel 23 but framebuffer1 user channel 27.I don't know if these difference influence the delay or not.

So I come here to ask for help:

why it take so much time to display pixel date to lcd after I put picture data on fb0? Can it be faster?How to?

any advice is welcome

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

azmatliu
Contributor III

Finally,I found it is a display serializer issue:

Framebuffer driver will reset IPU every time I changed fb0's parameters and the serializer IC(925q1) will take over 5s to reestablish connection.So I should set parameters of fb0 when I initialized framebuffer driver to save time.

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Azmat,

It takes a lot of time, you should have another process there, do a memcpy take 10 mili secs on my display.

0 Kudos

azmatliu
Contributor III

it is a issue about lcd driver and serializer: i.mx6's output pixel clock is 14.25M but the serializer can only serialize signal from 15M-85M,so I increase frequency to 27M to adjust the hardware and now it works fine!

0 Kudos