Lpc2388 Ethernet boot-loader

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lpc2388 Ethernet boot-loader

bhargaviar
Contributor I

I am using LPC2388 controller(NXP LPC23XX series device) in audio application .

Presently i am using Ethernet interface for loading preset datas.

I am programming the Micro-controller using JTAG.

I would like to do Insitu-programming using Ethernet secondary Boot-loader.

I loaded Boot-loader software using JTAG in FLASH(in sector 0,1 locations).

This boot-loader program is availlble on net along with application note AN10744.

ETHERNET FLASH UTILITY software(version 3.1.0) is installed in laptop.

MAC address of configuration file (sbl_config.h) is changed to match laptop MAC address(00-26-2d-57-c6-e1).

This same MAC address is entered in the FLASH UTILITY network MAC address label .

IP address is kept as 192.168.0.100.

Source port is kept as 10000,destination port is kept as 1066 as mentioned in the application note document.

I kept P0.15  to ground before restarting the Micro-controller.

Following error is coming if i am trying to read PART ID or try to load hex file after powering on the LPC2388 device.

"UDP communication error Please restart your target board now and then press ok".

Sometimes "UDP Socket initialization error" is coming.

1.Is it mandatory to keep P0.15 as ground for entering to programming mode? or

2.Does software handshake is sufficient without using any port pin?

3.How to know whether synchronization between laptop and target board is happened or not?

4.Please clarify how to enter correct src port no.,Dest Port. no. details in the ETHERNT  FLASH UTILITY 

It is requested to help me to resolve this issue for loading program using Ethernet boot-loader.

Please find attachments for Boot-loader code used and screenshots of errors.

Regards,

Bhargavi

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Have you verified if it is not caused by PC’s firewall? Have you ensured the MAC address is from Ethernet interface (not Wi-Fi card in case of having)?

Some network-based applications/demos malfunctions when more than one network interface is enabled on the PC side, so, it is recommended disable any other network interface not used by the bootloader.

You could also take a look to the following link, just for additional reference:

https://community.nxp.com/message/780708

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos

0 Kudos