Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Register Configuration of PF3000 PMIC

Jump to solution
rineet_kv
Contributor II

Hi,

We are using MC32PF3000A7EP PMIC in our design from imx6ul + pf3000‌ series.

We are trying to configure following registers but the regulator voltages are not getting configured. Following are the details.

Register NameRegister AddressValueOutput
SW1BVOLT0x2E0X17 (10111) 1.275V
VREFDDRCTL 0X6A0X01Enable VREFDDR supply
OTP SWBST SEQ0XBD0X04 (100)for setting the sequence to 4

We are configuring it in a run time via a micro controller acting as a I2C host. I2C address for PMIC is set to 0X08 (default address).

In the circuit we are connecting the VDDOTP pin to ground since the IC is pre-programmed. I am attaching my PMIC schematics here. Please let me know to set the Functional register do we need to do any other setting in hardware or software.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jinyuzhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rineet

As your description 

You want to change the SW1BVOLT from 1.4V(default) to 1.275V, but it doesn't work, right?

The VDDOTP connect to GND is right. if the PMIC is in on mode, the functional register can be changed demand no other configuration except the  VDDOTP pull down to GND.

Can you capture the Waveform of I2C SDA and SLK?

Can you check whether the device is in standby mode?

For OTP SWBST SEQ, we can't change the configuration, as it is burn in the fuse of device , and One time program, so this can't be change.

BRs

PMIC and SBC question

View solution in original post

1 Reply
jinyuzhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rineet

As your description 

You want to change the SW1BVOLT from 1.4V(default) to 1.275V, but it doesn't work, right?

The VDDOTP connect to GND is right. if the PMIC is in on mode, the functional register can be changed demand no other configuration except the  VDDOTP pull down to GND.

Can you capture the Waveform of I2C SDA and SLK?

Can you check whether the device is in standby mode?

For OTP SWBST SEQ, we can't change the configuration, as it is burn in the fuse of device , and One time program, so this can't be change.

BRs

PMIC and SBC question