RPROVIDES_kernel-base overwrite warning with builtin vivante driver [Yocto sumo]

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RPROVIDES_kernel-base overwrite warning with builtin vivante driver [Yocto sumo]

travisr
Contributor II

When MACHINE_HAS_VIVANTE_KERNEL_DRIVER_SUPPORT =1 and MACHINE_USES_VIVANTE_KERNEL_DRIVER_MODULE = 0, the kernel build process generates a warning that:

Variable key RPROVIDES_${KERNEL_PACKAGE_NAME}-base ( ${KERNEL_PACKAGE_NAME}-${KERNEL_VERSION}) replaces original key RPROVIDES_kernel-base

I believe that this comes from the fact that meta-freescale/classes/fsl-vivante-kernel-driver-handler.bbclass tries to append ' kernel-module-imx-gpu-viv' to RPROVIDES_kernel-base by adding a handler to bb.event.RecipePreFinalise. poky/bitbake/lib/bb/parse/ast.py fires the RecipePreFinalise event before bb.data.expandKeys, so that the attempt to append to RPROVIDES_kernel-base in fsl-vivante-kernel-driver-handler.bbclass actually sets the initial value and is overwritten when RPROVIDES_${KERNEL_PACKAGE_NAME}-base is expanded. I have found that this can be resolved by changing fsl-vivante-kernel-driver-handler.bbclass to use the RecipeTaskPreProcess event, or by changing the appendVar call to use RPROVIDES_${KERNEL_PACKAGE_NAME}-base. I anticipate that the latter is the preferred solution, but I'm not confident that I know enough to say whether that is the case. If somebody more informed than me can confirm my understanding of the issue and the proper correction, I will submit the patch. Thanks.

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Travis Rothlisberger,

Thanks for pointing it out.

OtavioSalvador, would you know if Travis fix would be the proper correction for this? Has this been addressed on Sumo?

Regards,

0 Kudos

cengiz_io
Contributor I

Hello,

This is still an issue with `sumo`. I've just bumped into this with latest HEAD revisions.

0 Kudos