cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2C write failed during integration of TAS5756m audio codec on i.MX6sl

sevenlin
Contributor II

Hi,

I met a problem with TAS5756m audio codec on i.MX6sl (Linux version is 3.14.28):

It is always failed to write at the fixed one register (0x31) via i2c when power on the device to probe TAS5756 driver with the initial setting so that my audio driver would probe failed.

If I mark 0x31 register to bypass writing it, it would be failed to write at next one register (0x32), if I mark 0x32 register to bypass writing it, it would be failed to write at next one register (0x33), if I go on to mark 0x33 register to bypass write it, it would be failed to write at next one register (0x34)....   

[fail log]
random: nonblocking pool is initialized
tas5756 1-001a: Failed to write 31 = 93: -5
tas5756 1-001a: Failed to initialize TAS5756M: -5
tas5756: probe of 1-001a failed with error -5

Provide my driver in the attachment.

Could someone give me the idea how to resolve this kind of problem?

Thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

sevenlin
Contributor II

Hi igorpadykov,

1. Yes, i2c lines are released before writing to 0x31 register with an oscilloscope.
2. What is baremetal sdk test? is it related to the i2c failed of my problem?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi

one can check i2c signals with oscilloscope  to check if i2c lines are released before

writing to 0x31 register. Also one can try with baremetal sdk test (zip can be found on https://community.nxp.com/thread/432859 )

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos