Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how change yocto config to use kernel 4.6

mihaitaivascu
Contributor III

Hello,

I am working with an imx6ul board from Phytec and their 4.8 kernel:

linux-mainline - linux kernel used by Yocto BSPs 

Due to some bluetooth config issues, i would like to switch to the 4.6 linux kernel:

kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git - Linux kernel source tree 

How do i change the bblayer for it?

I have done some chnages related to GIT_URL, SRC_URI  and SRC_REV but I get the following errors:

ERROR: linux-mainline-4.6-r0.0 do_fetch: Fetcher failure: Unable to find revision 2dcd0af568b0cf583645c8a317dd12e344b1c72a in branch v4.6-phy even from upstream
ERROR: linux-mainline-4.6-r0.0 do_fetch: Function failed: Fetcher failure for URL: 'git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git;branch=v4.6-phy'. Unable to fetch URL from any source.

I have also tried to clone the 4.6 kernel and use it locally in my recipes, but get errors.

Could somebody help me with this issue? what are the correct steps to follow?

Also before COMPATIBLE_MACHINE was "phyboard-segin-imx6ul-1" because that is the board I am using.

Now if I switch to 4.6 linux kernel and not use the Phytec's 4.8 kernel, should I also change this variable into something more generic like below?

COMPATIBLE_MACHINE = "(mx6|mx7|imx6q-openrex)"
#COMPATIBLE_MACHINE = "phyboard-segin-imx6ul-1"

Thanks,

Mihaita

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi  Mihaita

nxp does not support these kernels and one can also post this to meta-fsl-arm mailing list,

so that someone familiar with it could try to assist you.
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/meta-freescale

NXP supported software is described on link

i.MX Software|NXP 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

mihaitaivascu
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

Thanks for your reply but my question is a more generic.

I would like to know in general terms how to change kernel and kernel version in yocto as I get these bitbake errors.

I will address the issue in that mailing list.

Thanks,

Mihaita Ivascu 

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mihaita

one can look on

Freescale Yocto Project main page 

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos