pca9564 Usage

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pca9564 Usage

michaelzylla
Contributor I

Hello, I am a new member to this forum, and a 4th year EE student, whom is very much looking forward to graduation .

Anyways, I am working a project where we needed to add a discrete serial communication port, to an ATMega2560. We ended up coming across the PCA9564, as it seamed perfect for our application.I ordered up a bunch of the controller, and soldered them to breakout board. I have been trying to interface with these controllers, using an Arduino. I have included the code that i tried to execute, where i intended to write 8 parallel bits to the PCA9564, and then read those same bits (through the serial port) on the Arduino, on the other side of the PCA9564. I don't think i am using the PCA9564, as i think i am misusing the Read and write features.

If anyone has any experience with the PCA9564, i would appreciate any help..

Thanks,

Mike 

0 Kudos
2 Replies

michaelzylla
Contributor I

Does anyone know anything about this chip?

Any help would be appreciated..

0 Kudos

michaelzylla
Contributor I

I have been working with this chip, and have gotten to the point where i can write to the register in parallel, then transmit it in I2C. However, i am trying to write to the PCA9564 over I2C, and have it covert that data to 8 parallel bits - to communicate that to the ATMega2560 micro controller.

I can post my code, if anyone would be interested.

Once again, if anyone has worked with this chip, i would really appreciate your help, as i am hitting a wall.

0 Kudos