USB Packets sniffer unit

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Packets sniffer unit

jp66riccardo
Contributor I
Good morning I am searching for a solution to implement an USB Sniffer unit.
I need to connect to a standard Host - Device USB connection with a 3rd unit (The Sniffer) that without influencing the original Host-Device link it will be capable to read and interpret the USB data flow of the original link.
It shall be a kind of USB data protocol analyzer.
Do you know an Hardware/Software solution (either MCU or MPU ) and example implementing this function ?

Many thanks Paccciani Riccardo
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Riccardo,

Due to the speed that this may require I'm not sure that a Kinetis MCU is the best option. If you want to use the Kinetis you will need something to deal with the reception of the data, like an FPGA. 

Probably the best option is a processor of the i.MX family which are way much faster than the Kinetis MCUs. 

Unfortunately, we don't have examples of a USB sniffer for any of the families mentioned before.

Hope it helps!

Victor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos