cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC8309 Custom board with NandFlash

usingbothmuxand
Contributor II

Hi,

we have designed a custom board based on MPC8309. we are targeting NAND flash based Uboot and application.

we have configured reset configuration words nand flash small page. based on that i have configured calculated RCW.

as it is a bare board the RCW are not found in the flash memory. instead i have followed the procedure as suggested in PA arch manual for loading RCW in bare boards. i am using the default files of MPCTWR and changing only the RCWLR and RCWHR values in the MPC8309TWR_HRCW_JTAG.txt present in jtag chains. i have modified the value as below

8309 (1 1) (2 0x42040003) (3 0xA4140000) (what actually is 2 and 3 here ?)

when following the procedure as suggested by NXP i am seeing the following error.

(Targeting_PA_Processors.pdf to use CodeWarrior JTAG configuration file to override RCW on the target board. )

Error message: mpc83xx: cannot put the target into DEBUG mode.

is there anything to be modified for NAND based boot? what needs to be done to properly load the RCW via the debugger

Akhilesh

0 Kudos
2 Replies

usingbothmuxand
Contributor II

i am seeing the following error

Performing target initialization ...    
Error:  Connect Failed.
Failed to reset the target
[CCS last error: mpc83xx: cannot put the target into DEBUG mode ](CCSProtocolPlugin)
Error: Connect Failed.

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Akhilesh Chidare,

Please configure CFG_RESET_SOURCE[0:3] to configure the processor to use the hard-coded RCW, please refer to "4.3.3.3 Default Reset Configuration Words" for details, then connect CodeWarrior to the target board.

If this problem remains, please check JTAG interface hardware design, please refer to page 5 in the attached ppt to check the hardware design.

If further assistance is needed, please enable CCS log in CodeWarrior IDE and copy this log to me to do more investigation, please refer to the following procedure.

please enable CCS log from "Run->Debug Configurations-><project>-core0_RAM_-Connect(Download)->Edit...->Advanced->Advanced CCS setting->Enable logging", and connect to the target from "Run->Debug Configurations-><project>-core0_RAM_-Connect(Download)->Debug”, the CCS log will be displayed in the console panel in CodeWarrior IDE. If the CCS log in the console is truncated, please enlarge the console buffer from Window->Preferences->Run/Debug->Console->uncheck "Limit console output".

(Please open the console panel from Window->Show View->Console, and if nothing displayed, please choose the correct session on the right top icon in the panel.)

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos