AnsweredAssumed Answered

USB Generic HID Running Under FreeRTOS

Question asked by Nick Guzzardo on Sep 27, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 8, 2018 by Nick Guzzardo

We are in the process of switching our device communications from RS485 to USB for a variety of reasons.  There will be one in-endpoint and one out-endpoint.  Since our most recently released product used FreeRTOS, we intend to use it again, but the main developer is no longer with our company and not available for questions.

Have any of you used the USB stack under FreeRTOS from any of the MCUXpresso SDKs?  For the time being, I'm working with the LPCXpresso54608 development board since it has a high-speed PHY on the MCU.

I'm not concerned about receiving data as I believe there would be no interrupt until the entire packet has been received.  However, I'm wondering if any of you have experienced any issues with sending data if the USB task is not the highest priority.  Once a SEND is initiated, is it an entirely hardware transceiver function?

I am just beginning to implement the USB communication by itself so there are no conflicts, but our end product will have multiple tasks (<10) running with some being timing critical and so will require top priority.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Outcomes