Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the difference between CMSIS-DAP and J-link with LPC-LINK2

Jump to solution
rrrramr110
Contributor I

Hi All ,

Kindly can someone explain the difference between CMSIS-DAP and J-link with LPC-LINK2

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

CMSIS-DAP is a debug probe protocol defined by ARM. 

J-Link on the other hand,  is defined by Segger. It is worth mentioning that LPC-Link2 is compatible with J-Link Lite. 

I recommend you to check chapter 4 of the User guide of MCUXpresso IDE to learn more about the differences between these two debug probes. 

Link to the User Guide of MCUXpresso IDE. 

Link to learn more about CMSIS-DAP. 

Link to learn more about J-Link. 

Hope it helps!

Victor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

CMSIS-DAP is a debug probe protocol defined by ARM. 

J-Link on the other hand,  is defined by Segger. It is worth mentioning that LPC-Link2 is compatible with J-Link Lite. 

I recommend you to check chapter 4 of the User guide of MCUXpresso IDE to learn more about the differences between these two debug probes. 

Link to the User Guide of MCUXpresso IDE. 

Link to learn more about CMSIS-DAP. 

Link to learn more about J-Link. 

Hope it helps!

Victor.

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!