cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the ILI9341 drivers?

Jump to solution
dennis3
Contributor V

I've been experimenting around with several LCDs for our project.  Thus far, I've stuck with parallel interface displays that are similar enough to the standard lcd8000-43t.  Easy enough to adjust clock rate, timing parameters etc and they seem to work fine.

However, we're interested in a bit smaller display for our product and I'm finding a lot of displays with LCD controllers like the ILI9341 and ST7735R.  There are a couple drivers for these in the staging->fbtft section of the kernel but it appears those all use the SPI interface.  Google yields quite a few attempts at wiring up these displays and even a few patches and lots of suggestions.. but I'm not finding anyone saying it worked out well.

So I'm curious if anyone has a good suggestion for which approach to take to make usage of these TFT panels?

Thus far it looks like modifying mcx_lcdif.c with custom code to run the SPI init for the TFT display is the best solution... but if that's so, where are the examples, patches, success stories?  Am I looking in the wrong place?  Thanks for any feedback.

Labels (2)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dennis

nxp bsps do not have support for such lcds, customers will have to add such support

themselves. As starting point may be useful to check

Porting small OLED display to i.MX6ULL 14x14 Evk 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dennis

nxp bsps do not have support for such lcds, customers will have to add such support

themselves. As starting point may be useful to check

Porting small OLED display to i.MX6ULL 14x14 Evk 

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
dennis3
Contributor V

Thanks for the reply.  

Yes it seems like it is do-able, but not well supported.  I'm curious if anyone that has tried it has had good results.  What I'm wondering is if it is possible to use the SPI interface for registers but use the parallel 18 bit interface for the display.  It seems like the LCD driver in the i.mx7 can be configured to send RGB666 data but the ILI9341 seems to want that to be a bidirectional bus w/ register content and data content which I don't think will work without a lot of driver management/overhead.  

0 Kudos