cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers for the LPC804 chip based on others libraries

Jump to solution
fjrg76
Contributor IV

NXP didn't release any decent drivers for the LPC804 chip. I'm asking whether it's possible or recommended to fusion the drivers for other chips (LPC1114, LPC824, LPC1227, etc.) with this one. For example, the I2C driver in the LPC1114 is a piece of art, so instead of writing one from scratch, one can take advantage of what is ready written. Of course, it's not possible for the newers peripherals, AFIK, like the PLU.

What do you think?

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Fco. Javier Rodriguez G,

I recommend you to download the newest version available of the SDK (2.4.1) for the LPC804, instead of migrating the drivers of other MCUs. Within the SDK you will find drivers for all the peripherals, even the PLU. The drivers are really good implemented, so, you won't have any problems while working with these.   

pastedImage_1.png

Link to download the SDK. 

Hope it helps!

Victor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
fjrg76
Contributor IV

The Victor's answer is the correct one. I found it myself, but I hadn't have time to update this post. Such SDK is amazing!

Now I wonder why NXP keeps two drivers versions: one that is downloaded directly (and is incomplete by any means) and other that rocks and is part of something bigger?

0 Kudos
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Fco. Javier Rodriguez G,

I recommend you to download the newest version available of the SDK (2.4.1) for the LPC804, instead of migrating the drivers of other MCUs. Within the SDK you will find drivers for all the peripherals, even the PLU. The drivers are really good implemented, so, you won't have any problems while working with these.   

pastedImage_1.png

Link to download the SDK. 

Hope it helps!

Victor.

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!