Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

panid conflic

Jump to solution
weisheng
Contributor III

Hi,

I met a panid conflic problem:there is a coordinator and sixty routers plus 5 end device in a same network,.

The coordinator formed network, and then all the routers and end device joined, a few days later, I can see there is a router send a "network report" message to coordinator, then the coordinator broadcast a "network update" message, this is ok for router,but end device will miss the "network update" message and use the old panid,thus end device communicate with coordinator will fail.

In the snniffer file, line 41448, shows the "network report" message, and the problem start here. My old panid is 0x0898, after upate, new panid is 0xD76C.

I use JN-AN-1217-Zigbee-3-0-Base-Device projet, JN-SW-4170 SDK , jn 5169 chip.

What I want to know is:

1)  Why the router send "network report" message?

2). In JN5169 coordinator, which API handle the "network report " message? which API send the "network update"?

3) Is there is a way to make sure end device receive "network update" message success?

4) How to disable coordinator to broadcast "network update"?

thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Wei Sheng,

Because is detecting a Conflict PanID, Look at the packet 94 the NWK Payload

2). In JN5169 coordinator, which API handle the "network report " message? which API send the "network update"?

It is part of the ZIGBEE SPECIFICATION and is implemented in the SDK

3.6.1.13 Managing a PANId Conflict

3) Is there is a way to make sure end device receive "network update" message success?

The Message is in the NWK layer, you can create a switch case and read out the payload and send another ack for example.

It is part of the ZigBee Specification

Regards,

Mario

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Wei Sheng,

Because is detecting a Conflict PanID, Look at the packet 94 the NWK Payload

It is part of the ZIGBEE SPECIFICATION and is implemented in the SDK

3.6.1.13 Managing a PANId Conflict

The Message is in the NWK layer, you can create a switch case and read out the payload and send another ack for example.

It is part of the ZigBee Specification

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos
weisheng
Contributor III

Hi Mario,

Thank you for your patient answer.