IMX6/IMX8 complied to DO-254 standards

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6/IMX8 complied to DO-254 standards

sarath831989
Contributor I

Hi i am planning to use IMX6/IMX8 series processor in aero design. I need to know whether the processor is complied to DO254 or is there any reference where the processor being used in aero based design earlier. 

Also, is it possible for NXP to provide support to comply the processor with DO-254 standard.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sarath Babu Govinda Babu,

Some i.MX Processors part numbers comply with Automotive or Industrial standards, which may overlap with the requirements for airborne electronic hardware.

There is a document that lists some of the recommendations for these applications:

Freescale Recommendations for Avionic and Defense Applications
https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-104735

If you have any doubts about a specific requirement I would recommend contacting your FAE or Distributor for more detailed information.

I hope this helps!
Regards,

0 Kudos

sarath831989
Contributor I

I went through the document. Is there any reference that IMX 8 meets DO-254 DAL A?

Also, i saw a line in the shared document - "Customers can use the documentation that we deliver for an implementation of the processors, to understand SoC architecture and answer certification steps of DO254." 

What are the document that we can get from NXP to certify IMX 8 processor to DO-254 and where can we get it?

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello  Sarath Babu Govinda Babu,

There is not a document referencing the i.MX8 and the DO-254 certification per se. Some of the i.MX8 Processors are Automotive certified so are compliant with the Automotive Industry standards, which may overlay with the DO-254 certification.

Most of the i.MX8 Processors have not been released yet, so I would recommend contacting your Distributor or NXP representative to obtain technical information regarding them (under NDA at this point for some of the i.MX8 processors) so you can evaluate if it adheres to the DO-254 requirements.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos