i.MX6q de-interlacing. Is it working or not?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6q de-interlacing. Is it working or not?

ilyakosharov
Contributor II

Hi everyone!

We are working with i.MX6q processor, boundary-imx_4.1.15_1.0.0_ga.

We are using tvp5150 ADC and capturing V4L2_IF_TYPE_BT656_INTERLACED video.

The CSI->MEM scheme was used.

Camera was producing de-interlace itself so we did not need to de-interlace on i.MX6q.

For now we have changed the camera and have to de-interlace on i.MX6q.

We have tried to apply patch add-csi-deinterlace-capture.patch from here: De-interlace Capture Device ,

and have problems...

Although this patch was working with 3.x.x kernel. 

So the question is:

Do we have de-interlacing "from the box" with modern boundary-imx_4.1.15_2.0.0_ga or boundary-imx_4.9.x_2.0.0_ga ?

Talking about de-interlacing I mean applying de-interlacing process, not just capturing 2 half-frames in one frame. So we need to use VDIC.

Does anybody have successful experience with  VDIC on 4.x.x kernels?

Labels (2)
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ilya

boundary devices bsps (which are different from nxp official bsps) are supported by

boundarydevices directly, this may be posted on its forums

Wiki - Boundary Devices 

In official nxp bsps for denterlacing one can look at example imx-test/test/mxc_v4l2_test/mxc_v4l2_tvin.c

mxc_v4l2_tvin.c\mxc_v4l2_test\test - imx-test - i.MX Driver Test Application Software 

More nxp linux documentation is porvided on i.mx official software page

i.MX Software|NXP 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ilyakosharov
Contributor II

If I understood you correctly, mxc_v4l2_tvin.c process de-interlacing only for output. 

But I need to use VDI for capture to make further processing with captured frames.

Is somebody has experience with this?

0 Kudos