cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCP/IP Application for FreeRTOS for M4 core on i.MX8QXP

ajmalali
Contributor III

Hi,

I am trying to develop a TCP/IP application for receiving data from an external PC to the FreeRTOS on the M4 core of the iMX8QXP EVM. I am using the 2.3 SDK (SDK_2.3_MEK-MIMX8QX_M4_Beta_Linux .run) for the development. I was successfully able to run the “lwip_tcpecho”  demo app from the SDK. However, it was noted that the application does not work when I have anything in the A35 core (even only U-boot). Also, in the readme for the application, it is specified as “Please note this application can't support running with Linux BSP!”.

How can I use the TCP/IP for receiving data, when I am using Linux on A35 core? What changes should I make in the current example?

Regards,

Ajmal

5 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ajmal

usually ethernet is used by uboot/linux so trying run them on M4

may cause conflict. One can try to disable enet from uboot/linux and

them use it for M4.

For porting one can use Porting Guide and description of ethernet driver of Linux Manual

included in linux documentation:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/supporting-information/imx-yocto-L4.9.88_2.2.0-8qxp_beta2.tar.gz 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ajmalali
Contributor III

Hi igor,

Thank you for the reply.

That might solve the problem in the M4 side. But i need the M4 core to communicate with the Linux/QNX on A-35 core using socket communication(Requirement). Correct me if i am wrong, if i disable enet from uboot/linux and then use it for M4, will i be able to communicate with the A-35 core?

Is there any other method besides Messaging Unit for inter Processor communication?

Also, my final goal is to allow access to the Ethernet for A35 amd M4 core simultaneously. Is this feature possible in the i.MX8QXP MEK board? Any comments are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ajmal

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ajmal

one can look at presentation

Clusters & Infotainment: Introduction to the i.MX 8 System Controller Unit 

and Linux L4.9.88 for i.MX 8QuadXPlus Beta2 ---expand-->SCFW Porting Kit

Alpha / Beta BSPs for Microprocessors|NXP 

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

ajmalali
Contributor III

Hi igor,

Thank you for the update.

I went through the presentation. I understood that the SCU firmware is responsible for the resource partitioning and Access control. 

Just to clarify, does i.MX8QXP supports the simultaneous use of ENET in both M4 and A-35 cores?

Also, where can i get the SCU firmware API reference manual for Linux and FreeRTOS?

Regards,

Ajmal

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ajmal

I think both M4 and A-35 cores can use ENET simultaneously.

Regarding documentation, this processor is not publicly released yet so

all documentation can be obtained only through local nxp marketing office.

Best regards
igor