Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC54114 sleep mode using Interrupt

Jump to solution
Dineshkumar_J
Contributor III

Hi,

I have LPCXpresso54114 board. In which I created two external interrupt. INT0 is to wakeup the MCU from Sleep mode. And INT1 is to entering into the sleep mode. when I use INT1 to enter into the sleep mode I can't able to wakeup the MCU from sleep mode using INT0 other than reset. But when I programmatically enter into the sleep mode it can be waken up using the INT0.

I guess the problem is in Callback function in the INT1. I tried to clear the status of INT1 in the callback function but still I can't able to wakeup when sleep mode is from INT1.

Can anyone help me to get out of this problem.

Thank you.

Tags (1)
1 Solution
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Dineshkumar J,

I just sent you an example that I had that fits your needs. I also used the LPCXpresso54114 board for it. I use SW2 to send the LPC to sleep mode and SW1 to wake up. The project is based on the SDK 2.4.1 so you will need to download this. I recommend you to use this as a guide to see what is causing the behavior your reported in your project. 

Hope it helps!

Victor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Dineshkumar J,

I just sent you an example that I had that fits your needs. I also used the LPCXpresso54114 board for it. I use SW2 to send the LPC to sleep mode and SW1 to wake up. The project is based on the SDK 2.4.1 so you will need to download this. I recommend you to use this as a guide to see what is causing the behavior your reported in your project. 

Hope it helps!

Victor.

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Dineshkumar_J
Contributor III

Hi victorjimenez

when I am working with the Power management API to enter the Deep Sleep mode I noticed that the GPIO I initialized are remaining the same state after enter into the Deep sleep. But in Deep Power Down mode they all are inactive.

For example I turned on the Green LED before entering in to the Deep Sleep mode it remains the same even after enter into the Deep Sleep mode.

But in Deep Power down mode they are all gone. My application is battery powered so I need to configure only RTC to run in background nothing else. Can you help me to solve it.

what I am thinking is PINT is enabled to wakeup the MCU. So that the GPIO peripheral is remains its state even after entered into the Deep Sleep mode. Am I correct?. if so I can solve it but I want to sure no other peripherals are not running to ensure my battery life. How to do that?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Dineshkumar J, 

I recommend you to read chapter 7 of the user manual. In this chapter you will find all the information regarding the different Reduced power modes. In the following table you can see that in Deep power-down mode the only peripheral that you can leave on is the RTC. In the other hand, in Deep-Sleep you can configure almost all the peripherals to stay on.

pastedImage_2.png

I highly recommend you check the example "power_manager_lpc" provided in the SDK so you can have a more clear idea on how the reduced power modes work. 

Regards, 

Victor. 

0 Kudos
Dineshkumar_J
Contributor III

Hi victorjimenez

Your example is working in a great way. Thank you for your support with this problem.

Reason for the problem is I didn't  configure the interrupt pin as the GPIO input and calling the sleep mode function in the interrupt callback function directly. But based on your example I created the Boolean to check the status to enter in to the sleep mode.

Thank you for your help.