AnsweredAssumed Answered

MCF5225x EVM USBDM driver&codewarrior V7.2&Vmware XP system Compatibility problems

Question asked by w liang on Sep 6, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 17, 2018 by Carlos_Mendoza

During the use of the MCF5225x original development board, the Codewarrior version on the CD was not compatible with the win7 64bit system.

I tried to install the Win-XP operating system in VMware. Currently, the device manager can discover and identify the board driver. But when debugging with codewarrior V7.2, I get an error " Abatron firmware: BDI: No response from BDI". I suspect that the firmware of the USBDM is updated in the previous Codewarrior 10.7 , So the IDE does not match the firmware  now.

The chip can be debugged normally in Codewarrior 10.7 , but the sample project in the CD can't be used directly. This version can not support to import class prj into the workspace directly.

Then how to solve this problem, see the picture in the attachement.

1. Is it possible to provide the original USBDM firmware of the TWR-MCF5225x processor board that comes with the factory? And does the USBDM driver in the vmware virtual machine environment require a special version?

2. If 1 is not feasible. Can you provide the TWR-MCF5225x sample project file that can be imported and debugged normally under codewarrior V10.7?

Thank you! ! !

Attachments

Outcomes