PRESSURE SENSOR

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRESSURE SENSOR

varshinineela
Contributor I

I am using pressure sensor MPX5999D for the project. I need to do testing. For that i need to know the information regarding

1. whether the output voltage of sensor increases or decreases with respect to temperature.

2.Drift over time

3.Reliability

4.Error budget calculation

5.Test report.

It will be helpful for testing the sensor if you provide these information.

Thank you

varshini

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Varshini,

Please find my answers below:

1. Whether output voltage of the sensor will increase or decrease with respect to temperature.
    [A1] The output voltage of the sensor can increase or decrease with respect to temperature in the range of +/-2.5% of VFSS as can be seen in Figure 2 of the datasheet: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/MPX5999D.pdf

1. Drift over time.
    [A2] The accuracy of the MPX5999 is +/- 2.5%VFSS (typ) including the offset variation over time and temperature (the main error contributor).

It is always better to re-measure the offset value during the life of the application, so the drift over time is taken in to account and compensated.

Please find attached a document on how to calculate the errors involved for the accuracy if you wish to add them to you application so that they can be compensated. I believe this is the kind of information you are looking for, I hope you find it useful.

Also please find in the link below a known technique used to compensate the Minimum Pressure Offset of our devices, this technique is called Auto-Zeroing, and you have to simply record the offset of the device so that it can be taken off you readings.

AN1636: Implementing Auto Zero for Integrated Pressure Sensors to achieve higher accuracy.

http://www.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/application-notes/AN1636.pdf

1. reliability
    [A3] There is no reliability information for the NXP pressure sensors, the reason is that it depends on the media used with the pressure sensor. Qualification tests are based on use of dry air as the pressure media. Media other than dry air may have adverse effects on sensor performance and long-term reliability.

1. Any document based on error budget calculation.
    [A4] the document attached (mentioned in [A2]) is a document used for estimation of errors and calibration of the NXP pressure sensors

5.Test report.
[A5] We do not provide test report for our pressure sensors, you can probably get the FIT and MTBF values, however, you would need to create a new case to request this information since it is provided from a different support team dedicated to quality reports.

Have a great day,
Jose

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos