AnsweredAssumed Answered

Boot Android 8.0 on i.MX6Q SabreSD (MCIMX6Q-SDB) from SD2

Question asked by Brian Lee on Sep 6, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 7, 2018 by Brian Lee

Hi All,

I have an i.MX6Q SabreSD EVK (MCIMX6Q-SDB) that came with an SD card. The SD card has the label:

MX6Q-SDB

Android r4.2.2.1

110-77482 C

Using this SD card I am able to boot from Either SD Card 3 (J507 connector), or SD Card 2 (J500 connector) slots.

I have then built a stock AOSP using the instructions in the Android Users Guide ( from android_O8.0.0_1.0.0_docs.tar.gz ).

mkdir ~/bin
curl https://storage.googleapis.com/git-repo-downloads/repo
chmod a+x ~/bin/repo
export PATH=${PATH}:~/bin

source ~/imx-o8.0.0_1.0.0_ga/imx_android_setup.sh

export MY_ANDROID=~/android_build

cd ${MY_ANDROID}

source build/envsetup.sh

lunch sabresd_6dq-eng

make -j40 2>&1 | tee build-log.txt

I flashed this image to an 8Gb SD card using the mfg tool from (android_O8.0.0_1.0.0_tools.tar.gz).

I can now boot this image from SD3 on the EVK, however I cannot boot this image fully when I try to boot from SD2. It appears to get partially through the Android load, and then hangs without ever showing the Android Desktop. I have attached the logs of the boot.

The default u-boot variables are as follows:

=> printenv
baudrate=115200
board_name=SABRESD
board_rev=MX6Q
bootcmd=boota mmc0
bootdelay=3
ethact=ethernet@02188000
ethaddr=00:00:9f:03:bb:ad
ethprime=eth0
fastboot_dev=mmc0
fdt_high=0xffffffff
fdtcontroladdr=4ef288d8
initrd_high=0xffffffff
loadaddr=0x12000000
soc_type=imx6q
splashpos=m,m

Environment size: 311/8188 bytes

It does boot like this, however the Android users guide has the following:

NOTE
The mmcX value changes depending on the boot mode. These are the correct values:

Header 1Header 2
Hardware portU-Boot device in
software
eMMCmmc2
SD2mmc3
SD3mmc1

If I try to enter the command for SD2 (mmc3) I get the following:

=> setenv bootcmd boota mmc3
=> setenv fastboot_dev mmc3
=> setenv bootargs console=ttymxc0,115200 androidboot.console=ttymxc0 consoleblank=0 vmalloc=400M init=/init video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,bpp=32 video=mxcfb1:off video=mxcfb2:off video=mxcfb3:off androidboot.hardware=freescale cma=384M
=> boot
boota mmc3
MMC Device 3 not found

I don't think this is the issue since it does appear to boot in to Android at least partially with the default u-boot settings.

How do I get my image to boot from SD2? It does partially load, however it looks like it might not be mounting the card correctly perhaps? Do I need to alter u-boot env / u-boot device tree / kernel device tree / something else?

Thanks,

Brian.

Attachments

Outcomes