cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to run mir desktop on imx6dl

tarakpatel
Contributor I

Hi,

I have custom imx6dl-sabresd board. I have ubuntu 16.04 desktop installed on it and tried to run miral-app and i got following errors.

gbm: driver exports no extensions (/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/dri/vivante_dri.so: undefined symbol: __driDriverExtensions)failed to load driver: vivante

May i know from where i can get source code to compile vivante_dri.so? or how to get rid of this error from the specified driver? 

Thanks,

Tarak Patel

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tarak

vivante_dri.so is described Table 13-2. GPU Library Files attached Linux Manual,

in NXP BSPs seems it is provided in binary only as mentioned on p.109 document:

"The GPU driver kernel module source is in the kernel source tree, but the libs are
delivered as binary only."

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

tarakpatel
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

Thanks for your reply. Have you seen any instance of above error, or anyone porting ubuntu core on imx6dl sabresd board. The problem is this os only supports mir-kiosk(i.e. miral) and wayland as a GUI platforms and both of them uses DRM backend. Whenever i run using DRM backend i will get above error. Is their a way to work around or do freescale have vivante_dri.so binary which has above mentioned symbol in it.

Please also correct my understanding if i have mentioned something wrong.

Thanks for your time and help.

Thanks,

Tarak Patel

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tarak

one can try with boundary devices ubuntu

Ubuntu - Boundary Devices 

Best regards
igor