Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to integrate meta-iot-cloud layer

Jump to solution
shashi_ray
Contributor II

Hi,

I am working on Yocto and IMX7 MPU. Synced the Yocto code from below link following the instruction given in the doc Freescale_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide.pdf.

repo init -u git://git.freescale.com/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git -b imx-4.1.15-1.0.0_ga

Later added a layer meta-iot-cloud and meta-java (because of depending) in the bblayers.conf file.

When started the build using 'bitbake core-image-minimal-dev', i am getting the below error.

fsl-release-bsp/sources/meta-java/recipes-extended/rxtx/rxtx_2.2.0.bb:31: Could not inherit file classes/remove-libtool.bbclass ETA:  00:02:11

Layer meta-iot-cloud and meta-java are checked out at 'sumo' branch and rest all are at imx-4.1.15-1.0.0_ga branch.

Please help me to fix this build error.

Thanks,

Shashi

Labels (1)
1 Solution
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Shashi,

The imx-4.1.15-1.0.0_ga commit is based on Jethro (2.0) which may be the cause of the errors you are seeing as the Sumo (2.5) may handle certain things differently. Ona alternative would be switching to Jethro as the 4.1.15 commit has been tested and the Sumo branch of the community BSP while accessible is still very new and I’m not sure how stable it is.

The other alternative would be reviewing what is causing the error and fix any discrepancies, which would require digging deeper into the recipes.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 Replies
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Shashi,

The imx-4.1.15-1.0.0_ga commit is based on Jethro (2.0) which may be the cause of the errors you are seeing as the Sumo (2.5) may handle certain things differently. Ona alternative would be switching to Jethro as the 4.1.15 commit has been tested and the Sumo branch of the community BSP while accessible is still very new and I’m not sure how stable it is.

The other alternative would be reviewing what is causing the error and fix any discrepancies, which would require digging deeper into the recipes.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

shashi_ray
Contributor II

Thanks....it worked.