Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash programming & bootloader

Jump to solution
rans
Senior Contributor I

Hello,

I've downloaded SDK and reviewed documentation, yet I didn't find any mention of flash programming or bootloader.

I understand that it is possible to load application using debugger, but does it mean it also program flash ? If not - what's the solution for flash programming ?

Should we use flashloader tool in SW section of MCU ? (mfgtool )

I read that it download the flasher serially and then starts, but actually we need the flasher to run from flash without any download. Is it possible or described how to do it ?

I've also started also to read manufacture tool documentation, but I am unsure where to find the following files:

"

7.2.2.5. Program Image to Flash using MfgTool
Here are the steps to program boot image into Flash device
1. Copy the boot_image.sb file, ivt_flashloader_signed.bin and enable_hab.sb to
“<mfgtool_root_dir>/Profiles/MXRT105X/OS Firmware” folder

"

Thank you,

ranran

1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello ranran,

It seems the flashloader only can be downloaded into RAM.

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jay_heng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can try this GUI tool, it is powerful

Releases · JayHeng/NXP-MCUBootUtility · GitHub

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello ranran ,

You can use debugger to flash, also can use bootloader.

- You can use MCUXpressso IDE to program , about the detail , please have a look at "MCUXpresso_IDE_User_Guide" -> 11.3.5 Project Flash Programming .

" I understand that it is possible to load application using debugger, but does it mean it also program flash ? "-> Yes.

- About using Flashloader , please have a look at :

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/nxp/application-notes/AN12238.pdf     

Also there are many Application Notes about RT1050 , mybe it can help you when you development :

i.MX RT1050 MCU/Applications Crossover Processor | Arm® Cortex®-M7 @600 MHz, 512KB SRAM |NXP  

pastedImage_3.png

Hope it helps,

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

rans
Senior Contributor I

Hi Alice,

Thank very much.

I have additional question please:

we actually need to start the flashloader not by downloading it from serial, but from flash.

Is it possible to start flashloader from flash ? Is it described in AN ?

Thank you,

ranran

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello ranran,

It seems the flashloader only can be downloaded into RAM.

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
TIC