cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX7S and iMX7D pin mux tool

andpas
Contributor II

Hello,

I'm trying to access pin mux information for iMX7S and iMX7D.

What I need is just a table with bga ball, pin name and all possible alternates on a row.

As I don't find anything like this in the datasheet nor on separate file on the website, I suppose I would have to use the iMX Pin Mux tool to generate it.

I downloaded and installed Pins_Tool_for_i.MX_Processors_v4.1_x64.exe, I successfully started it.

The problem is that it just include an iMX6 processor, so it is not useful.

I read that the tool tries to download the data from NXP servers, however for a strict company policy we don't have internet access on the workstations at all.

It worth telling that the tool is described in the download page as "OFFLINE", but it isn't actually.

I suppose it would be possible to copy a file somewhere to obtain full offline database.

Somebody could point me to a complete database file?

Thanks

Andrea

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Andrea,

The nomenclature may be indeed confusing, but while the offline installer does not require internet access to install the tool it does require to connect to the repositories to fetch the processor’s data. The easiest way to actually work offline is downloading the processor’s information and adding it manually to your Pins Tool installation.

You can read how to do this on the Pins Tool User Guide (link below) on section 4.3. Sometimes it’s impossible to connect on the same computer due to firewall constraints, in which case you could save it on another computer and place them in the correct path so the Pins Tool will read it.

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/IMXPINSGSUG.pdf

My apologies for the inconvenience. I hope this helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos