Example of using FXAS21002 Gyroscope in FRDM-K66F? Calibration required?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Example of using FXAS21002 Gyroscope in FRDM-K66F? Calibration required?

frieder_wittman
Contributor I

Hi, Im new here.

I just got a FRDM-K66F development board and would like to record angular velocity from its FXAS21002
 gyroscope. I've already tried the examples/demos from the SDK which use the accelerometer (e.g. frdmk66f_bubble). Is there a similar example for the gyroscope?

In addition I'm curious if those sensors are calibrated or what type of calibration has to be performed. Is it enough to remove an offset (bias), or is there also a gain (scale) error, that needs to be removed?

Thanks for any pointers.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
2 Replies

frieder_wittman
Contributor I

Hi Tomas

thanks a lot for your help. I only saw your reply just now.

Do you have any specific reason to use FRDM-K64F development board?

I assume you mean to ask if I have any reason NOT to use the K64F. I don't have any as of now. My colleagues have been using the K66F, and it seemed to meet my requirements. I would have to check if the K64F meets all my requirements. What I need is AD sampling (9 signals at 100 Hz or better 1kHz, using a multiplex) and the gyroscope.

If not, we would recommend you the ISSDK enabled out-of-box examples available for FRDM-K64F-AGM01 kit SDK package.

Thank you. Your first link leads to a K66F. Is that correct? 

Do I understand you right, that you recommend using a K64F with an additional shield (the FRDM-STBC-AGM01) which has its own FXAS21002, which in contrast to the K66F is calibrated and has SDK examples? Is the shield not compatible with my K66F?

Thank you for your time and help.

best

Frieder

0 Kudos

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Frieder,

The FRDM-K66F on-board accelerometer demo is provided as out-of-box example in FRDM-K66F SDK package. There is no out-of-box examples deployed for FRDM-K66F on-board gyroscope. Since FRDM-K66F is not supported using ISSDK hence you won’t find any such out-of-box example for FXAS21002 gyroscope in FRDM-K66F SDK package.

Do you have any specific reason to use FRDM-K64F development board? If not, we would recommend you the ISSDK enabled out-of-box examples available for FRDM-K64F-AGM01 kit SDK package. There are FXAS21002 sensor examples and Sensor Fusion example for FRDM-K64F-AGM01 kit SDK package.

These sensors are calibrated / trimmed for offset and sensitivity, so they're guaranteed to perform as per their specifications.

Best regards,

Tomas