cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About the hybrid stack

yaoxingshan
Contributor II

Hello,
I want to develop an application based on Thread and BLE dual stack.

I found the example shown in the following figure in the SDK example:

pastedImage_1.png

But I want to use a hybrid stack that contains roles: Thread terminal device and BLE central.

I looked up the development documentation included in the SDK and didn't find enough mixed stack development information.

What should I do?

Thank!

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

You can check the following documents: 

Kinetis Thread Stack Demo Applications 

Bluetooth® Low Energy Demo Applications User’s Guide

Which contains a little information regarding the usage of the hybrid stack, nonetheless, it will depend on the application you are trying to develop,  you can also check each of the documentation of the protocol stack you want to use, like the following  ones: 

Kinetis Thread Stack Application Developer's Guide

Bluetooth® Low Energy Application Developer’s Guide

Regards, 

Estephania 

0 Kudos

yaoxingshan
Contributor II

So, is there no corresponding template example (ble_thread_end_device)?

If I build the dual-stack application I described, should it take a lot of time?

I looked at the code for the two folders, Bluetooth and nwk_ip. I found that in the ble_thread_router sample template, the application starts the thread stack first, then starts the ble stack. Does the startup sequence have to be followed?

And the sample application's degree of dependence (coupling) on the development board is very large, which makes it difficult for me to change it to the board I designed.

I hope to get some of your better suggestions,

thank.

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

No, there are no corresponding examples for what you are trying to achieve, nonetheless, maybe you can use the examples of thread available in the SDK. 

It is very large, but, there is no further documentation on it but what I already recommended you. 

But, would doesn't the host controlled device help your purposes? I believe it can help you as it will receive commands through UART or SPI, depending on the configuration and you can use the join network one for example. 

Regards, 

Estephania 

0 Kudos