We want to porting the SPI NAND of the MX35LF1GE4AB to replace the SPI NOR of the N25Q512A13GF840F

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We want to porting the SPI NAND of the MX35LF1GE4AB to replace the SPI NOR of the N25Q512A13GF840F

registry_chou
Contributor I

1. Does the iMX6UL support Serial/SPI NAND ?

2. We want to porting the SPI NAND of the MX35LF1GE4AB to replace the SPI NOR of the N25Q512A13GF840F, but I cannot find anything about SPI NAND in the specification/ BSP of the iMX6UL.

3. We need you support in u-boot and Linux kernel.

this requirement is very urgent, please help us to finish it.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

On the hardware level, the i.MX6UL processor supports all types of serial Flash memory. Typically, the Serial Flash memories are connected to the processor through the QuadSPI interface. For the details of its operation, please refer to the Chapter 40 of the i.MX6UL Reference Manual Rev.1 document, available on the processor's Documentation web page:

https://www.nxp.com/products/processors-and-microcontrollers/arm-based-processors-and-mcus/i.mx-appl...

Currently, the Linux BSP for the i.MX6 family processors does not support SPI NAND Flash devices. The existing SPI NOR Flash driver should be modified appropriately to support the SPI NAND Flash device protocol. You can do it by yourself, or apply to the Professional Services team by NXP:

https://www.nxp.com/support/support/nxp-professional-services:PROFESSIONAL-SERVICE

or engage some 3rd party company.

Also, please note that the SPI NAND Flash boot is not supported by the i.MX6UL Boot ROM code.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos