I need to run Linux on p2041 with MAC2MAC connection of dtsec to Marvel 88E6176 switch over RMII. How to make it work?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to run Linux on p2041 with MAC2MAC connection of dtsec to Marvel 88E6176 switch over RMII. How to make it work?

ilyakrasavin
Contributor I

0 Kudos
1 Reply

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ilya Krasavin,

For MAC to MAC connection Ethernet devices without connecting to a normal MDIO-managed PHY device, the user needs to use fixed-link sub-node in the Ethernet port device node definition in the device tree file.Please refer to the following definition

enet3: ethernet@e6000 {                               

fixed-link = <0 1 1000 0 0>;                               

phy-connection-type = "rgmii";                                           

};

Please refer to the following properties definition for "fixed-link".* A 'fixed-link' property in the Ethernet MAC node, with 5 cells, of the  form  with the following accepted values: 

- a: emulated PHY ID, choose any but but unique to the all specified fixed-links, from 0 to 31 

- b: duplex configuration: 0 for half duplex, 1 for full duplex 

- c: link speed in Mbits/sec, accepted values are: 10, 100 and 1000 

- d: pause configuration: 0 for no pause, 1 for pause 

- e: asymmetric pause configuration: 0 for no asymmetric pause, 1 for asymmetric pause

For Marvell dsa l2switch definition, you could refer to "dsa@0" definition in arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-rd88f6281.dtsi. Marwel 88E6176 Linux Kernel is in drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6352.c, please build it into Linux Kernel image.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos