Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mcuxpresso: Cannot use peripherals tool [URGENT]

Jump to solution
pj0585
Contributor III

Hi,

I'm using McuXpresso ide (latest version: 10.2.1 [Build 795] [2018-07-25]) on Linux Ubuntu 16.04.
I'm using config tools integrated into the IDE.

I have created the project for MK20 Series controller. "Clocks" & "Pins" tools are working for me in the McuXpresso. I can generate code also. But "Peripherals" tool is not working.

When I open "Peripherals" tool then I get error "Corrupted MCU Data". Attached is a photo of the problem.

Can someone please tell me what have I missed while creating the project?

Any inputs will be of help.

Regards, Pj

0 Kudos
1 Solution
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

the error message is misleading, the peripherals tool is not basically supported for the given processor (yet). It means you did not miss anything. In most cases the Pins and Clocks tools are supported for any processor, the Peripherals tool is the youngest tool and the support is added incrementally.

Regards,

Libor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Pj,

Your issue is normal. "Config Tool - Peripherals" feature is not implement for MK20 yet.

Please see summary in this article

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-333073 

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pj0585
Contributor III

Hi ZhangJennie‌ & liborukropec‌,

When will "peripherals tool" be available for MK20 series of processors?

Regards, Pj

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

No ETA yet. But I don't think it can be implemented in near future.

Jennie Zhang

liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

the error message is misleading, the peripherals tool is not basically supported for the given processor (yet). It means you did not miss anything. In most cases the Pins and Clocks tools are supported for any processor, the Peripherals tool is the youngest tool and the support is added incrementally.

Regards,

Libor

0 Kudos